UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization)
- Goodwill Ambassador
- Global Education Ambassador
- UNESCO has many interesting endeavors in education, science, and culture. Among these endeavors is the preservation of world heritage sites, tangible and intangible, which are the gift of our ancestors to the world. UNESCO also works for the education for all throughout the world. Please choose the cause that is of interest to you. Your help is needed. Call UNESCO at +33 (0)1 45 68 10 00 or visit UNESCO online.
International Rescue Committee for Refugees
- HRH Princess Firyal serves on the International Rescue Committee’s Board of Directors. IRC was featured in the May 23, 2011 Edition of Fortune 500 magazine and was voted one of the seven most photogenic boards in the U.S. Princess Firyal and Tom Brokaw, who then chaired the Freedom Fund and John C. Whitehead, IRC Chairman Emeritus, were among others featured in that profile.The article explains the fundamental function of the organization, describing its history as “Founded in 1933 with the encouragement of Albert Einstein, this agency responded to every major humanitarian emergency since World War II.” The hard work and the outreach of the IRC earned its place among the most distinguished boards such as Berkshire Hathaway and Procter & Gamble.
- The IRC helps restore hope and opportunity to displaced victims of war around the world. Any small help would make a big difference. Call the IRC at (212) 551-3000 or visit the IRC online.
New York Public Library
- Member of the NYPL Board of Trustees
- Co-Chair of the NYPL Library Lions
- The Lionel Pincus and Princess Firyal Map Division
- The Library provides free and open access to culture and learning for all people. Your help would make a big difference to the community and the world. You can make a donation online or by calling (212) 930-0653.
United Nations Association (UNA-USA)
- The United Nations Association helps to foster understanding between nations and erase the differences that cause conflict. Your support can make a huge difference. You can make a donation online or by calling +1 (212) 907-1300.
International Hope Foundation
- Served as President
- Was member of the Advisory Board
- The International Hope Foundation worked to protect street and working children from exploitation.
Harvard University’s John F. Kennedy School of Government
- Serves on the Dean’s Council
- Harvard University’s John F. Kennedy School of Government works to train enlightened public leaders and generate answers to the world’s most challenging problems. You can help them form the leaders of the future. You can make a donation online or by calling 617-495-1100.
- International Council
- Columbia University’s School of General Studies is of particular importance, providing worldclass education to anyone at any age. You can help support their work and their students. Donations can be made online or by calling (212) 851-7476.
Musee des Arts Decoratifs
- Les Arts Decoratifs works to promote culture, provide art education and professional training, and support design. Your support can make a difference in promoting art and design. Donations can be made online or by calling +33 (0)1 44 55 58 07.
- Member of the International Council
- The Tate supports and exhibits classic and contemporary artwork. Your support can help the Tate to build its collection, care for its artwork, and continue to educate and inspire its visitors. Donations can be made online or by calling +44 (0) 20 7887 8888.
- Member of the President’s Council at MOMA Modern Art Museum of New York.
- Member of the President’s Council at MET Metropolitan Museum of Art.
- Member of the London Library.
- Member of the Middle East Circle at Guggenheim Museum.
- Member of the International Friends at Royal Opera House London.
- Member of the board at American Hospital in Paris.